Hugh Masekela Net Worth
Hugh Masekela Net Worth 2019: Hugh Ramapolo Masekela was a South African trumpeter, flugelhornist, cornetist, composer and singer. He has been described as “the father of South African jazz.” Masekela was known for his jazz compositions and for writing well-known anti-apartheid songs such as “Soweto Blues” and “Bring Him Back Home”.
- First Name: Hugh
- Last Name: Masekela
- Full Name: Hugh Ramapolo Masekela
- Age: 78 years
- Birthday: 4th April, 1939
- Birthplace: Wilbank, South Africa
- Build: Average
- Eye C: Brown – Dark
- Hair C: Black
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Ethnicity: Black
- Nationality: South African
- University: Guildhall School of Music, London, England, Manhattan School of Music, NY
- Profession: Musician, singer, composer, bandleader
- Profession: Trumpeter
- Claim to Fame: co-wrote (with Mbongemi Ngema) musical play Sarafina!
- Music Genre (Text): Jazz, Afrobeat
- Music Genre: Jazz
- Year(s) Active: 1956–present
- Music Style: World Fusion
- Music Mood: Summery
- Instrument: Trumpet
- Instrument (text): Trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone cornet, vocals
- Record Label: Mercury, MGM, Uni, Chisa, Blue Thumb, Casablanca Records, Heads Up, Verve, Polygram
In 2019, Hugh Masekela Net Worth is $1.5 Million. Jazz trumpeter and singer who used his music to bring black and white people together and was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1968. He became known as a member of Johnny Gertze, the first major African jazz group to record an LP. He was formerly married to the Grammy Award-winning singer Miriam Makeba . He fathered television host Sal Masekela .
How Much is Hugh Masekela Net Worth?
According to Forbes, Hugh Masekela Net Worth 2019 is $1.5 Million. His song “Grazing in the Grass” sold over four million copies in the United States. He was inspired to learn the trumpet after seeing “Young Man With a Horn,” starring Kirk Douglas as a character based on jazz trumpeter Bix Beiderbecke.